walling hammer

1) A hammer used by dry-stone wallers for dressing stones. It varies in appearance from region to region but in Yorkshire has one square end and one more or less pointed.

1704 a walling hammer, Holmfirth.

places Holmfirth
dates 1704

Related Content Loading...

Photo by Kreuzschnabel CC BY-SA 3.0